|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
|Percentage speed reduction||
18% (6 kg)
10 / 30
4.0 seconds (88 frames)
AI AWP is a UK sniper rifle fed with 10 rounds of .338 Lapua Magnum. It is well-known for its high firepower and accuracy, making it one of the most favorable weapons. However, it is heavy weight and has low rate of fire.
- Can do one-hit-one-kill except on legs
- Very accurate when zooming via scope
- Purchasable by both Counter-Terrorist and Terrorist
- High magazine size for a bolt-action sniper rifle
- Expensive ($4750)
- Heavy weight
- Low rate of fire due to its bolt-action
- Long reload time
Weapon unlock system
The player can choose to unlock the AWP instead of buying from shop, by collecting 50 kill points from Scout.
- South Korea: 17 October 2013.
- China: 23 March 2015.
- South Korea: 27 February 2014.
- South Korea: 1 May 2015.
- China: 1 May 2015.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 18 February 2016.
- China: 11 November 2015.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 26 February 2016.
- In previous versions of Counter-Strike series, including Counter-Strike Online, AWP and AWM have always been combined as one weapon, which caused confusion among the players. In Counter-Strike Online 2, the 2 variants are separated into 2 individual weapons.
- There is a golden shark printed on the body of the Golden variant.
- The Cupid variant is named as "Antique" in South Korea.
- The Special, Gold and Solo variants share the same scope model. Especially, the Special and Solo ones even share the same scope's color, white.
- The Black Bear variant is exclusive for Taiwan/Hong Kong region to celebrate the Open Beta. The word "TAIWAN" can be seen printed on the handguard.
- Its model is actually based on the AWM instead.
- The bear printed on the gun is based off the Formosan bear.
- Accuracy International Arctic Warfare at Wikipedia.