- This item is no longer obtainable and can only be purchased from the Mileage Auction if another player is selling it. Otherwise, it is retired.
Aeolis is a steam-operated machine gun chambered with 150 rounds of 5.56 NATO. Its secondary fire can be used as a flamethrower.
- Details: Right-click to shoot fire in front of you. Damage: 30 (Normal), 65 (Zombie), 171 (Scenario)
- High damage in both modes
- High accuracy
- Has flamethrower as secondary fire function
- Low recoil in secondary mode
- High rate of fire in both modes
- High magazine size
- Heavy weight
- Long reload time
- Low knockback power
- Available through Code Box only
- The flamethrower cannot be used all the time. Its fuel must be collected first by triggering the primary fire. The user can see the meter gauge attached to the gun as it indicates the fuel level.
- Overall, this machine gun has a high rate of fire, similar to assault rifles.
- Shooting 2 bullets will increase the fuel meter gauge by 1, so 100 bullets must be spent before the fuel is full.
- Michaela: Seen in posters.
- South Korea: 15 May 2014.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 28 May 2014.
- China/Japan: 28 May 2014.
- Indonesia: 1 April 2015.
- CSN:Z: 1 April 2015.
- Vietnam: 21 May 2015.
Comparison (A mode) to PKM
- Lower recoil (-1%)
- More accurate (+9%)
- Higher rate of fire (+1%)
- Same damage (30)
- More expensive (+$1400)
- Heavier (+2% weight)
- Not sold in shop
Inserting new magazine
Taking out empty magazine
- This is the second weapon in Counter-Strike Online which features a steam mechanism after Savery.
- This is the second weapon that is equipped with an air meter, the first one being Gae Bolg.
- The system file name for this machine gun is "spmg" which may refer "Steam-Powered Machine Gun".
- The box magazine model and reload animation are identical to PKM, while the shooting sound is similar to HK23E.
- The earlier version of Aeolis has a missing flame FX.
- In Korean language, Aeolis (아에올리스) is the shortened word of Aeolipile (아에올리스의 공) which both are "steam-powered".
- Aeolipile at Wikipedia.