|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
|Percentage speed reduction||
0% (1.85 kg)
10 / 50
|Secondary fire / Modes|
- For the original version, see AMT AutoMag V.
BALROG-I is a high caliber pistol that fires 10 rounds of .50AE AHE bullets that were both developed at the Aegis Institute, based on the AMT AutoMag V. It is equipped with the Balrog Charging System that enables BALROG-I to fire an explosive shot via a grenade launcher that explodes upon impact. Although the Balrog Charging System of the BALROG-I has to be done manually, the weapon makes up for it by inflicting an afterburn effect towards targeted enemies.
- High damage
- Does not affect player speed
- Large clip size for a high caliber pistol
- High stun power
- Grenade explodes upon impact
- B mode inflicts afterburn effect towards zombies
- Moderate rate of fire in A mode
- Fast reload time
- Low rate of fire in B mode
- Obtainable only for a limited time
- Low knockback power
- Low accuracy
- Expensive price
- Takes time to change modes
- Obtainable through Find the Zombies event only (BLUE edition)
Tactics using BALROG-I
- Original: Recommended as it can be a good replacement for Desert Eagle.
- Deathmatch: Not recommended as it has small magazine capacity.
- BALROG-I is only accurate if fired in slow pace. Firing rapidly will cause accuracy drops.
- It is advisable for the user to not move when firing the BALROG-I as the weapon has unstable accuracy.
- BALROG-I is useful when surrounded by a horde of zombies. The user is advised to switch to B mode, aim for the ground and shoot when trapped by a large group of zombies.
- BALROG-I is equipped with the Balrog Charging System. It inflicts an afterburn effect to all zombies within the explosive range. This effect will kill any remaining zombies that survived the initial blast.
- The afterburn effect can also be used to wear down the health points of mini zombie bosses.
- B mode is a very good way to earn money.
- BALROG-I should be used for camping purposes as it can be slightly inaccurate when running away from zombies.
- Use the weapon's Balrog Charging System to wear out the health points of a zombie and prevent them from healing. The afterburn effect deals 30 damage per second for 10 seconds.
- BALROG-I afterburn effect can be used to reveal the light zombie when it is half visible, making it easier for humans to attack it.
- BALROG-I afterburn effects also can be used for replacement of Holy Bomb or Firebomb to mark the light zombie when engaging melee combat.
- Use the secondary fire mode to knock away zombies in mid-air such as Light zombie and Sting Finger.
BALROG-I was released alongside Threat on:
- South Korea: 31 January 2013.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 6 February 2013.
BALROG-I was released alongside Behind on:
- Indonesia: 20 November 2013.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 20 November 2013.
BALROG-I was released through Craft system alongside Open Beta Test on:
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
BALROG-I BLUE was released on:
- South Korea: 24 July 2014.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 5 August 2014.
- China/Japan: 6 August 2014.
- Indonesia: 7 January 2015.
Comparison to SKULL-1 (A Mode)
- More accurate (+1%)
- Able to shoot out explosive ammunition (B mode)
- Higher clip capacity (+3 rounds)
- Cheaper ammo
- Same recoil (30%)
- Same weight (0% speed reduction)
- Has two firing modes
- Lower penetration power (-2)
- Lower damage (-6)
- Lower fire rate (-2%)
- More expensive (+$300)
- Lower stun power to zombies in Zombie Scenario
Ditto, secondary fire
- This weapon is based on the AMT AutoMag V.
- The words "BALROG-I" and "Aegis Laboratory" can be seen on the slide.
- After using B mode, the weapon will automatically switch back to A mode.
- When using B mode, a long sharp bone pattern can be seen on the gun.
- This is the second weapon that has an afterburn effect (in B mode). The first one is the Salamander.
- In the resale poster of Taiwan/Hong Kong region, its name was mistyped as "Barlog-I".
- Like the AMT AutoMag V, a bullet can be seen in 3D shape model while reloading but the rest of the bullets are drawn in 2D.