|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
|Percentage speed reduction||
|Secondary fire / Modes||
BALROG-IX is a melee weapon developed by Aegis Laboratory. Primary attack does a fast punch while the secondary attack delivers a massive explosive punch after charging it.
- High damage
- Moderate attack rate
- Critical damage when the target receives a direct hit
- Able to perform explosive attacks
- Does not affect player's speed
- Moderate knockback power towards zombies
- Explosions can penetrate through walls
- Can hold the explosive attack for an unlimited time
- Explosions can cause damage to long ranged targets
- Cannot do one-hit kill (unless you fully charged the gauntlet)
- Only available for a limited time
- Only purchasable with cash
- Has delay when using the secondary mode
- Explosive attack's damage decreases over range
- Obtainable through Find the Zombies event only (BLUE edition)
- South Korea: 6 December 2012.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 7 December 2012.
- Japan: 20 December 2012.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 11 September 2013.
- Indonesia: 2 January 2014.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- South Korea: 24 July 2014.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 5 August 2014.
- China/Japan: 6 August 2014.
- Indonesia: 7 January 2015.
- Vietnam: 4 June 2015.
Tips using BALROG-IX
- The rate of fire/attack speed will increase if the player hits the target, similar to the Tomahawk and Wakizashi.
- Zombie Scenario
- The explosive attack can kill a large group of zombies, more than the SKULL-9. Moreover, you can knock away strong zombies like Deimos or Ganymede.
- Use it to destroy obstacles as it can bring them down very fast.
- Do not ever try to use it to fight Venom Guards, they will damage and knock the player back when he/she kills them at very close range.
- Its A mode can deal 350 damage per hit to bosses. While B mode can deal 2500 ~ 15000 damage per hit.
- The Union
- The explosive attack is enough to kill a human, a skilled or lucky player can kill 2 or 3 enemies with just one hit.
- Zombie Giant
- Deals 1000 damage for every hit with A mode, deals 3000 damage for each attack with B mode.
- Use A mode when the enemy is doing a special attack. If combined with a great evasion, it could kill an enemy less than 30 seconds.
- Use B mode to finish off dying enemies.
Tactics facing BALROG-IX users
- BALROG-IX users are very fast, powerful and dangerous with their knuckles, it only requires 1-2 hit to the body in normal matches to take you down. So, confront them quickly but with caution.
- Keep an eye on their weapon, because most BALROG-IX users will use B mode first instead of A mode. Use this as an advantage.
- Take note that BALROG-IX's range is quite short. Use this as your advantage. Keep your distance from them as B mode's damage decreases over range.
- Remember to buy Kevlar and Helmet to prolong your life.
- In Zombie Giant, if you are chosen as a boss, try to find and attack anyone who equips BALROG-IX near you first as he/she could kill you quickly or reduce your HP greatly.
Wall impacting sound
Charged attack sound
- This is the fourth dual-wielded melee. The first is Dragon Tail followed by Dual Nata Knives and Dual Wakizashi.
- This is the first melee weapon that can perform an explosive attack.
- This is the first pair of gauntlets in Counter-Strike Online, making it also the first melee weapon to actually involve the user's fists instead of just the blade-made weapon itself. The second one is Papin.
- When charging the BALROG-IX in Contact chapter, the user can walk through the blower corridor sections easily. It also allows players to walk with no speed reduction in the swamp of Decoy chapter. This exploit has been fixed in the following update.
- It shares the same wall impact sound with SKULL-9, Green Dragon Blade, Ruyi Stick and CROW-9.
- A red muzzle flash which is similar to BALROG-V, will appear when the gauntlets are fully charged. Also, the horns of Balrog will fold in while the claws will appear from the gauntlet.
- Tattoos don't work on this weapon due to a texture bug. This also applies to Alice's metal arena suit.
- There is a bug when charging the BALROG-IX and then hold left click, it still will charge even if we release right click.
- There is a bug with the secondary mode where, once you release the click and quickly change to another weapon, it will show the Balrog explosion alongside an animation bug.
- Gauntlet at Wikipedia.