|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
|Percentage speed reduction||
(Secondary, fully charged)
|Secondary fire / Modes||
Balrog-IX is a melee weapon developed by Aegis Laboratory. Primary attack does a fast punch while the secondary attack delivers a massive explosive punch after charging it.
- High damage
- Moderate attack rate
- Critical damage when the target receives a direct hit
- Able to perform explosive attacks
- Does not affect player's speed
- Moderate knockback towards zombies
- Explosions can go through walls
- Can hold the explosive attack for an unlimited time
- Cannot do one-hit kill (unless you fully charged the gauntlet)
- Only available for a limited time
- Can only purchasable with cash
- Has delay when using the secondary mode
- Explosive attack's damage decreases over range.
This weapon was released alongside Behind on:
- South Korea: December 6, 2012.
- There was a resale on 25 July 2013.
- There was a resale on 19 December 2013.
- Hong Kong/Taiwan: 7 December 2012. There was a resale on 20 August 2013.
- Japan: 20 December 2012. There was a resale on 23 October 2013.
This weapon was released alongside Contact on:
- Singapore/Malaysia: September 11, 2013.
This weapon was released alongside Threat on:
- Indonesia: Coming soon
Tips using Balrog-IX
- The explosive attack can kill a large group of zombies, more than the Skull-9. Moreover you can knock away strong zombies like Deimos or Ganymede.
- Use it to destroy obstacles as it can bring them down very fast.
Zombie: The Union
- Use the explosive attack along with Bloody Blade and Damage x3 to perform a devasting combo of 4130.
- The explosive attack is enough to kill a human, a skilled or lucky player can kill 2 or 3 enemies with just one hit.
Tactics facing Balrog-IX users
- Balrog-IX users are very fast, powerful and dangerous with their knuckles, it only requires 1-2 hit to the body in normal matches to take you down. So, confront them quickly but with caution.
- Keep an eye on their weapon, because most Balrog-IX user will use B mode first instead of A mode. Use this as an advantage.
- Remember to buy Kevlar and Helmet to prolong your life.
Wall impact sound
Charge attack soundCounter-Strike Online BALROG-IX Gameplay(01:50)
- This is the fourth dual-wielded melee. The first is Dragon Tail followed by Dual Nata Knives and Dual Wakizashi.
- This is the first melee weapon that can perform an explosive attack.
- When performing the secondary attack, the horn will fold in while the claws will start to appear from the gauntlet.
- When performing the secondary attack, the Balrog's eye on the gauntlets will glow red and the scale will rise.
- When charging the Balrog-IX in Contact chapter, you can skip the wind blowing part easily and also it can allow players to walk with no speed reduction in the swamp of Decoy chapter.
- It shares the same wall impact sound with Skull-9 and Green Dragon Glaive.
- A red muzzle flash will appear when the gauntles are fully charged.
- Tattoos won't work on this weapon due to small hand texture.