Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The BALROG Series is the second Anti-Zombie weapon series to be featured in Counter-Strike Online after the famous SKULL Series. However, unlike the weapons from the SKULL Series which were developed by the Government, the weapons from the BALROG Series were developed by the newly formed Aegis Institute with the same purpose of combating zombies.
The weapons from the BALROG Series deal fatal damage to enemies with the unique technology implemented into them. Given the name Balrog Charging System, the weapons are known to cause explosions and an increase in damage after continuous firing. This new system is also incompatible with the original SKULL Series. Along with the weapon's technology, Aegis Institute had also created a new 'specialized' type of ammunition to rival that of the SKULL Series' AZ ammunition. It is the BALROG Series' AHE (Aegis High-Explosive) ammunition.
So far, there are 6 weapons in the BALROG Series:
- Main article: BALROG-I
BALROG-I is a pistol chambered with 10 rounds of .50AE AHE and does high damage for a pistol. The equipped Balrog Charging System is a manually pumped grenade launcher that inflicts an afterburn effect on enemies.
- Main Article: BALROG-III
BALROG-III is a submachine gun based on the H&K MP5K PDW and is equipped with the Balrog Charging System. It is fed with 30 rounds of 9mm AHE. It is equipped with a holographic sight for long range engagement. Continuous fire will activate its explosive rounds, using reserve ammo in the process.
- Main Article: BALROG-V
BALROG-V is an assault rifle based on the H&K G36C in Counter Strike Online and is equipped with the Balrog Charging System. It is fed with 40 rounds of 5.56mm AHE. It is equipped with a holographic sight for long range engagement. Firing explosive rounds with critical damage after shooting same target.
- Main article: BALROG-VII
BALROG-VII is a machine gun based on the M60E4 and is equipped with the Balrog Charging System. It is chambered with 120 rounds of 7.62mm AHE. It is equipped with a usable scope for long range engagement. It will fire explosive rounds after each 10 rounds of automatic fire.
- Main Article: BALROG-IX
BALROG-IX are dual-wielded gauntlets and is equipped with the Balrog Charging System. It has low attack range but does fatal damage to zombies. It is able to inflict explosive damage with its secondary attack and inflicts medium knock-back power.
- Main article: BALROG-XI
BALROG-XI is based on the 7-rounds XM1014 shotgun, developed by Aegis Institute and is equipped with the Balrog Charging System. When fired continuously, the BCS will charge an explosive shell that can be stocked to a maximum of 7 and then fired to deal widespread tremendous damage.
- After the Craft update on 26 February 2015 of South Korea, these items were removed.
BALROG BLUE Series
After the 24 July update of South Korea, the special BLUE Edition of this series can be obtained via Find the Zombies event. There are no differences between this series and the original one except its color.
- Balrogs are fictional characters who appear in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium.
- This series features explosive rounds.
- These weapons possess red, black and white color patterns. For the second edition, they feature blue, black and white color patterns instead.
- These weapons can penetrate up to 2 objects except for BALROG-III and BALROG-XI.
- All weapons from this series feature a crafted Balrog figure attached to them.
- This is the first weapon series in Counter-Strike Online to feature 2 different kinds of color pattern (Red and Blue).
- The BALROG-III is the only weapon that doesn't have to be reloaded when the Balrog Charging System activates, similar to the effects of the Janus Transformation System.
- The BALROG BLUE series still uses the muzzle flashes from the original ones, even though some weapons could have used the one from Ethereal as it is close to blue, such as the BALROG-IX and BALROG-V.
- Balrog at Wikipedia.