Origin Banshee in Requiem
23 May 2012
- After the Free Update, this zombie becomes a free default faction in all player's inventories.
No one has ever seen the Banshee before, there was only an ancient rumor about her. According to the rumor, the Banshee was a former witch who had died when leading a group of heathens. Now that she's returned from the dead, she seeks revenge. The Banshee practices witchcraft with the only purpose of deceiving her victims to finally dragging them to their doom.
The Banshee possesses 2 skills:
- Pulling: Summons a flock of bats towards the targeted human to drag them to the Banshee. This ability can be used once every few seconds by pressing the default key which is . The flock of bats will fly directly towards the crosshair and will explode after travelling a certain distance.
- High Jumping: This skill is added after the Zombie Mode Rework patch, making it able to jump higher. To engage it the user must press as set by default.
- Can pull humans using pulling ability
- Able to jump higher with the High Jumping ability
- Generally fast movement speed and high jump height
- Becomes invincible while using the pulling skill
- Cannot use pulling ability while crouching
- Low knockback resistance
- Easy to perform headshots due to her appearance
- Failing to drag a human will result in revealing your position
- Unable to move when using the pulling ability
The Banshee possesses higher movability when it comes to speed and agility than most zombies - Only losing to the Light Zombie and Sting Finger. Equal to the other female zombies however, she has a poor stun and knockback resistance, being easily overwhelmed by heavy weaponry. Therefore, she relies on witchcraft to balance such aspect with assistance of the infamous bats.
-Pulling: Unleashes a flock of bats to a targeted human to attract them to the Banshee.
|Zombie Type||Skill Cooldown Time (s)|
-High Jumping: Increases jump height.
- Use the Pulling skill to take out the humans who have the strongest weapons. This is especially very useful to take out the Hero and Heroine.
- Note that this skill will also pull other humans who are near the target.
- The pulling skill's speed and range will be upgraded based on your evolution level.
- The flock of bats will pass through your teammates and go directly towards the crosshair.
- Use the High Jumping skill to get onto higher places.
- When you see the Banshee idle temporarily, it may indicate that it is ready to use the Pulling skill. Shoot it temporarily first to make it retreat.
- The Banshee has a delay time while using the Pulling skill, so always pay close attention to it when it is standing and looking for targets.
- Headshots will interrupt the pulling skill, use this to save yourself or your friends.
This class was released alongside Zombie: The Hero: The Origins on:
This zombie was released alongside Free Update on:
- CSN:Z: 8 January 2015.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- In Indonesia region, Banshee pulling skill was translated wrongly as "Pooling".
- In Zombie: The Union, Banshee used to have 800 health points (1300 with Strong Lifepower) but now it has 1000 (1500 with Strong Life Power) and 200 (250 with Strong Life Power).
- In Zombie: The Union, instead of pulling the enemy closer, the [Pulling] ability will damage the enemy. It can also be used on zombies.
- While using the [Pulling] ability, Banshee will not be able to move until the bats miss or fail to grapple a player.
- Banshee does not make an appearance in Zombie Scenario, the same fate is shared with Jiang Shi and Stamper.
- Player can clearly see that there are flesh and bones inside her clothes when she is performing her [Pulling] ability, or by standing beneath her.
- There is a bug where if the Banshee uses the [Pulling] ability before a round ends, the effect will continue in to the next round.
- In Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies, this zombie is called as "Vency" in the tips box that appears in Zombie: The Mutation, this is probably her real name.
- Before the Zombie Mode Rework patch, Banshee used to have another skill known as [Chaos/Confusion] that allowed it to disguise her teammates and ownself as human players to confuse the opposing team. It was then replaced by the current [High Jumping] skill for game balancing purposes.
- Also, after this patch, its movement speed has been increased, while the jump height and armor have been decreased slightly.
- For some reason, view models for the host variant can be found within game files, but they are not applied currently since her debut.
- Banshee can pull multiple Human at the same time IF they are close to each other.