A blade that bears a mysterious, ancient power that provides extreme sharpness and hardness. The blade's power can be charged and it has the ability to emit a powerful force which allows individual slashes to achieve tremendous damage.
- Inflicts extreme damage (especially in charged mode)
- High stun and knockback powers
- Long attack range
- Can kill multiple enemies at once with both modes
- Usable in all modes
- Can be enhanced
- Low attack rate
- Takes time to charge its B mode
- Neither modes can instantly hit a target
- Hard to obtain
- Use the charged attack to deliver fatal damage to the opponent, but mind the lengthy charge.
- Due to slow slash rate, be careful to attack and keep your distance from the enemy.
- This can be partially mitigated by charging the blade before engaging combat.
- Use primary attack to get a wider attack range.
- The blade's range is 3 meters in A and uncharged/half-charged B mode. 5 meters for its charge attack.
- The charge attack takes 3 seconds to completely charge. 1.5 seconds for fully enhanced Runebreaker.
- A hit with its charged attack can deal around 30,000 ~ 100,000 damage to bosses (provided that the attack power has been maxed).
- It isn't the best weapon for escaping zombies. Switch to a primary or another melee weapon if possible.
- It can do between 700 and 2,500 damage to barrier per hit.
- Previously, there is a bug in Zombie Scenario where if a player possesses this weapon and other players in the same room suicide, they will wield the Runebreaker as their melee weapon when they respawn. This bug has since been patched.
- This is the first melee weapon of any kind that can be enhanced.
- In Indonesia and Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies, this weapon was introduced first in Premium Top 50 Decoder and Premium Top 50 Unlimited Decoder.
- The model is likely based on the Frostmourne, a runeblade in the Warcraft series.