Valve and Nexon Korea have partnered together to unveil Counter-Strike Online 2. The upcoming first-person shooter is the sequel to the free-to-play, 2007 shooter Counter-Strike Online, which has been a huge hit phenomenon all over Asia.
As stated in the press release...
|“||Under the terms of the agreement, Nexon Korea will develop and be the exclusive publisher of Counter-Strike Online 2 in Japan, Korea, China and other areas in Southeast Asia. Nexon Korea intends to continue to leverage its proven development expertise and deep understanding of local markets to make Counter-Strike Online 2 one of the leading first-person shooter titles in the region.||”|
Counter-Strike Online 2 will offer enhanced graphics, more realistic gameplay and powerful impact sensations powered by an enhanced version of the Source engine. The game will also feature various game modes enhancing its original game experience with new and improved environments, weapons, equipment customization and more.
Closed Beta Testing (CBT)
During the Closed Beta Testing (CBT) in Korean region, beta testers can only play during the event period. Maps was a heavily modified version of the Counter-Strike: Source with new details, textures, models and so on. The inventory, or barracks, has improved significantly to a simple, small yet with gentle learning curve menu compared to the original in Counter-Strike Online.
The images of the weapons closely follows the original image in previous Counter-Strike Online. The appearance however, has improved with better animations. Example, Colt M4A1 appearance has been changed into M4A1 EOTech and AK-47 has been changed into AK-47 Scoped.
Recruitment of playtesters
- July 16, 2012 ~ 31 July, 2012 (12:00 PM)
Period of test
- August 2, 2012 ~ August 5, 2012 (3:00 p.m. to 9:00 daily)
- 13 & 14 July 2013
- Final best test and snake set giveaway to beta testers.
- Reveal the Big City map.
- Remove EOTech from M4A1.
Open Beta Test
- 6th August 2013
- Beta test is opened for outsiders.
- Included Big City map which features drivable vehicles and many other functions.
713 views Counter-Strike Online 2 - Stealth Mode(08:31)
476 views Counter-Strike Online 2 Korea Gameplay Review(with commentary)(08:33)
160 views Trailer CounterStrikeOnline2 - Big City Cinematic Trailer!(00:21)
372 views Trailer CounterStrikeOnline2 - Big City Cinematic Full Trailer!(01:33)
348 views Counter-Strike Online 2 - Big City gameplay(Bomb Defusal) preview(03:18)
152 views Counter-Strike Online 2 (KR) - Big City Gameplay Preview(05:29)
462 views Counter-Strike Online 2(KR) - Big City preview(02:06)
Update 22 August 2013
- Added Weapon Unlock system.
- Added Bomb defuse, Hostage rescue, Assassination, Golden Jeep Defense and Leader Kill modes to Big City.
- Added Jeep.
- Added Bot Sniper Support Force.
- Added VIP models.
These are the modes so far:
- Original: Bomb defuse and Hostage rescue
- Team Deathmatch
- Gun Deathmatch
- Capture The Flag
Training CourseCounter-Strike Online 2 Training Course(03:39)
These are the maps available so far in Counter-Strike Online 2:
Different than CSO that only counts until multi kill(Except Human Scenario), the kill system in CSO2 expands
- First Blood
- First Kill
- Double Kill
- Triple Kill
- Multi Kill
- Ultra Kill
- Mega Kill
- Monster Kill
In addition, new icons are presented whenever a player kills with a:
- Wallshot(wall bang)
- Jumpshot(kill while jumping or in air)
- Assist(enemy finished off by teammate or suicide)
On a side note, players that survive a fatal shot to the head will see the LuckyBoy icon.
|CPU||AMD P4 1.5GHz||AMD P4 3GHz|
|RAM||1 GB||2 GB|
|Graphics Card||Nvidia GeForce FX F2000|
ATI Radeon 9400
|Nvidia GeForce 7600GT|
ATI Radeon X1800
|Operating System||Windows XP (32 bit)||Windows XP|
MediaG*Star 2012 Counter-Strike Online 2 - CG trailer(01:37)
313 views Counter Strike Online2- Focus Group Test 카운터 스트라이크 온라인2 2차 FGT 건팀 3 신맵 아즈텍 동영상(10:01)
107 views Counter-Strike Online 2 (KR) - Media event footage 1(01:18)
46 views Counter-Strike Online 2 (KR) - Media event footage 2(14:38)
49 views 【Trailer Video】 Counter-Strike Online 2 《Conference Gameplay 01》(02:20)
57 views 【Trailer Video】 Counter-Strike Online 2 《ThisIsGame Closed Beta Gameplay 01》(02:12)
62 views 【Trailer Video】 Counter-Strike Online 2 《ThisIsGame Closed Beta Gameplay 02》(01:53)
47 views 【Trailer Video】 Counter-Strike Online 2 《Italy Closed Beta Gameplay》(08:01)
- Counter-Strike Online 2 used the Source engine which are used in Counter-Strike: Source and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- It is still unknown whether Counter-Strike Online 2 will be using Source Engine 2006 or Source Engine 2009 (though most likely it would be using Source Engine 2009 due to graphical similarities to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive).
- Counter-Strike Online 2 will be launched to all current Counter-Strike Online regions.
- Counter-Strike Online 2 featured new icons for multiple kill styles; from Double Kill(2 kills in a row) up to Godlike(10 kills in a row),including Wallshot(wall bang).