Origin Deimos in Vertigo
14 April 2010
- After the Free Update patch, this zombie becomes a free default faction in all player's inventories.
Deimos makes its debut in Zombie Scenario chapter Chaos and in Zombie Infection afterwards. This zombie type has a strong skin that gives it a high stun and knockback resistance. It can emit a [Shock] wave-like attack that can forcefully take away the targeted human's primary weapon or secondary weapon if they don't have equipped one. This ability can be used once every 7 seconds for Origin Deimoses while 15 seconds for Host ones in Zombie: The Hero.
After the Zombie Mode Rework patch, [Healing] skill is added, making it able to heal its wounds.
- High stun and knockback resistance, which is excellent in ducts and approaching immobile humans
- Shock ability is very reliable in neutralizing heavy gunners
- Able to heal injuries
- Slower movement speed and lower jump height than Regular Zombies
- Easy to be spotted and shot due to its big model and large hitbox, especially in the head
- Hero/Heroine are immune to the Shock ability (except the secondary weapon)
-Shock: Emits a wave that forcefully drops the weapons wielded by the targeted human and stuns him/her.
|Zombie Type||Shock Distance (m)||Cooldown Time (s)|
-Healing: restores a certain amount of HP.
- Use [Shock] ability wisely. Aim for the human that uses the most powerful weapon.
- It's not very recommended to use the [Shock] ability against the Hero/Heroine as their weapons (except the secondary) cannot be dropped. However, it still can be used to sabotage their movement for awhile.
- If you use the [Shock] ability on the opposite zombie team in Zombie: The Union, the target won't be able to attack for a short period of time.
- Remember to heal yourself when the HP is low.
- Always be careful when facing Deimos. Switching to melee weapon can still drop the players primary/secondary weapon. You can try facing upwards or sideways to avoid getting your weapon drawn away too far instead. This is useful specially in places like in the ducts of Assault.
- Keep constantly moving to prevent being hit by the Deimos' Shock wave.
Don't try to kill a Deimos in ducts or when it is "ducking" and rapidly turning because of a bug with his hitbox where the player is unable to damage him, as if its hitbox doesn't exist. Instead, try to aim at his legs or use melee weapons with a long reach such as SKULL-9 or Hammer. Grenades and wide-spread damage weapons such as Black Dragon Cannon can also counter this bug.This bug is shared with Ganymede and was fixed after Free Update patch.
- Origin Deimos has the same DNA sample as Phobos.
- Deimos is a name of a Mars's moon. Deimos is also one of the sons of Ares and Aphrodite in Greek mythology, it means dread in Greek.
- Host Deimos shares the same model with Host Ganymede.
- Deimos replaces Juggernaut due to Juggernaut's large size, which is unavailable in small and closed maps.
- Deimos' model is a bit taller than other player models.
- Sometimes Deimos' ability can make your weapon drop into an untouchable spot.
- Deimos has 3000 health points and 400 armor points (3500 and 450 armor points with Strong Lifepower) in Zombie: The Union. Also, if you use the [Shock] ability on the enemy zombie, it will not be able to attack for a short period of time.
- Although Deimos has high HP in pursuit-type maps of Zombie Scenario, it is much weaker in annihilation maps.
- There is a bug where sometimes the sting trail becomes white instead of yellow.
- In Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies, before the Free Update, Deimos was not sold packaging with Deadly Shot but Ganymede instead.
- After the Zombie Mode Rework patch, it movement speed and jump height have been decreased slightly.
- Deimos at Wikipedia.