|FN Minimi 5.56mm|
19 Jun 1999 CS BETA 1.0
|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
90% (600 RPM)
|Percentage speed reduction||
14% (6 kg)
100 / 200
4.5 seconds (141 frames)
FN Minimi (Fabrique Nationale Minimi) or M249 is an original machine gun available both in Counter-Strike series and Counter-Strike Online. It is purchasable with game points and available since the first release in 2008. In game, it uses ES M249 Para name.
FN M249 is a Belgium machine gun fed with 100 rounds of 5.56mm. It has large magazine capacity and decent firepower but it has low rate of fire, is heavy and has long reload time.
- After the Free Update patch, this weapon becomes a free default weapon in all player's inventories.
- Large magazine capacity (100)
- Purchasable for both Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists
- Decent accuracy
- High reserve ammunition supply (200)
- Low recoil
- Low damage for a machine gun (28)
- Expensive price
- Heavy weight
- Long reload time
- Low rate of fire
- Low stun and knockback power against zombies
Tactics using M249
- Fire in full-auto in close range.
- Aim for the feet and fire at full-auto in medium range.
- Avoid long range battle and use this weapon in close-combat maps.
- Wait for zombies to come close for maximum performance, but do not do this when facing a Heavy zombie.
- A 100 rounds of M249 can deal between 2800 ~ 5600 damage to the zombies. It can surely kill a normal zombie if all bullets hit.
If the starting money is $7500, the player can buy M249 for $5750 and $1200 for 600 reserve ammunition, giving the balance of $550.
Tactics facing M249 user
- Attack the user in long range.
- A M249 user moves slowly due to its heavy weight. Use ambush tactics.
- Never duck when facing a M249 user because the bullets will hit your head.
- Make the user waste bullets by attacking and retreating frequently.
- Charge the user when he/she is reloading or running out of bullets.
- If you have more than 6000HP, attack the M249 user without hesitating as the weapon is not very dangerous to zombies.
- : The M249 SAW is the main service LMG of the US Armed Forces.
- : Used by Special Air Service.
- : Used by GIGN.
- Soy: Used in Zombie File.
Comparison to SKULL-7
- Lighter (-0.2 kg)
- Cheaper (-$3250)
- Cheaper ammunition ($60 per 30 rounds)
- Same rate of fire (90%)
- Same knockback power
- Lower accuracy (-6%)
- Lower damage to humans (-2)
- Lower damage to zombies (-33)
- Higher recoil (+1%)
- Lower stun to zombies
- Lower magazine size (-20)
- Lower reserve ammunition (-20)
- No scope
M249 Red is the Red firearms version of M249 produced in limited quantity. It boasts an excellent damage and magazine size but it is heavy and has low rate of fire.
SKULL-6 is an anti-zombie machine gun fed with 100 rounds of 5.56mm Anti-Zombie and equipped with a sniper scope for long range engagement. It deals higher damage against zombies but has lower rate of fire when using the scope.
SKULL-7 or M249EX is a anti-zombie version of M249. It holds up to 120 rounds of 5.56 Anti-zombie and 240 rounds as reserve ammunition. It has better performance over the original one, at the cost of being pricey. It also has a usable scope implemented on.
SKULL-8 is an anti-zombie machine gun fed with 120 rounds of 5.56mm Anti-zombie ammunition. It is attached with an axe bayonet under its barrel for melee combat.
- The M249's model is taken from Counter-Strike: Source model.
- The world and shop models show M249 has a buttstock while the view model and buy icon show no buttstock.
- The draw sound of this weapon is the same as the Glock 18.