The Free Update is a major patch that overhauls several in-game mechanics.
- South Korea: 18 December 2014.
- China: 8 January 2015.
- CSN:Z: 8 January 2015.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 9 January 2015.
- Japan: 14 January 2015.
- Indonesia: 4 March 2015.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
Zombie Modes Reorganization
- Improved Scoring Method
- Kill Zombie Permanently (Zombie Hero): 3 points.
- Kill Zombie Generally (Zombie Hero): 3 points.
- Survive as Human: 7 points.
- Zombie Kill Assist: 1 point.
- A zombie player will receive points based on the damage taken.
- The amount of Host Zombie based on player number in the room
- 1 Host Zombie: 1-7 players.
- 1-2 Host Zombies: 8-10 players.
- 2 Host Zombies: 11-17 players.
- 2-3 Host Zombies: 18-20 players.
- 3 Host Zombies: 21-32 players.
- Zombie Infection Change
- Minimum HP of zombies is 1000.
- Excellent Genes's effect are tweaked to 70%, instead of 90%.
- AP value is corrected after infection.
- 1 second invincibility after being infected.
- Enhanced damage for melee weapons, Bloody Blade item removed.
- Morale Boost Change
- Humans will start once again with 100% as base damage up to 200%, but now there's an added damage bonus available as long as you're close to a teammate. The extra damage augment is directly proportional to the number of teammates nearby, increasing or decreasing respectively by 5%.
- Main article: PVP VGUI Improvement Update
Improved the existing killing effect's notifications and feedbacks according to situation by adding a variety of notification.
New free default items
Combat Blueprint Content Change
- Main article: Combat Blueprint
- New Secret Method
- Main article: Perfect Pick Recipe
- K3 Performance is increased
- Main article: Daewoo K3
- Manufacture / Combination / Decomposition System Reform
- Main article: Craft
- Task Reward Change
Reorganized the rewards after completing the missions.
- Promotion Reward Restructure
- Main article: Promotion reward
Reorganized the items inside the Gift Boxes.
- Updated Battlefield Supply
- Main article: Battlefield Supply
Battlefield Supply's items have been updated.
- Removed all Weapon's Level Restrictions
- Fixed Deimos and Ganymede bugs
- Fixed SKULL-9 bug
- Main article: SKULL-9
- Removed Bloody Blade, Gruesome Assassin, Merciless Destruction, Demented Doctor, Fire and Curse, Terrifying Terror, Brutal Slayer, Pain Dominator, Death Guide, Z-VIRUS Transfectant
- Main article: Bloody Blade
- Main article: Gruesome Assassin
- Main article: Merciless Destruction
- Main article: Demented Doctor
- Main article: Fire and Curse
- Main article: Terrifying Terror
- Main article: Brutal Slayer
- Main article: Pain Dominator
- Main article: Death Guide
- Main article: Z-VIRUS Transfectant
New Item Information
- Main article: THANATOS-7
- Tomahawk Christmas Edition
- Main article: Tomahawk
- Combat Blueprint and Durability Sale
- Xmas Box
- Main article: Christmas Box
Log in to receive a Christmas Box and play for every 30 minutes to get another Christmas Box. Christmas Box contains one of the X-mas weapons for 1/3/10/30 days or permanent.
- Whenever humans are infected, they are surrounded by white glows for a second, indicating they are invincible. However, knockback and stun power can still be inflicted.
- During later patches, all head-up displays for said buffs were removed, yet the effects remain.
- Initially, Excellent Genes' head-up display (HUD) showed the 100%, even though the buff had been reduced.
- Strangely, the M16A4, AN-94 and AKM are set as default weapons in Taiwan/Hong Kong region. While the Daewoo K1A is set as default one in China.
- The AT4-Lance is set as default for all regions, excluding Vietnam and Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies.
- Unknowingly, only certain regions have patched all hit-bug related weapons.