Heckler & Koch
June 19, 1999 (BETA 1.0)
|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
|Percentage speed reduction||
18% (4.41 kg)
20 / 90
3.5 seconds (105 frames)
|Secondary fire / Modes|
The G3SG1 is a 7.62mm semi-automatic sniper rifle which does high damage. It is a modification of the well-known G3 rifle.
- After the Free Update patch, this weapon becomes a free default weapon in all player's inventories.
- Very high damage
- Good accuracy
- Still accurate even when not using scope
- Low recoil for a sniper rifle
- Great bullet penetration
- Low magazine capacity (20)
- Accurate only after several shots
- Heavy weight
- Expensive ($5000)
- Purchasable only for the Terrorists
|Mode||Buy cost||Ammo cost||Total|
- A 20 rounds of G3 can deal 1400 ~ 2800 damage to zombies.
- This gun can penetrate more than one zombie in Zombie Scenario, so it's recommended in Lost City.
- In Zombie Mods, find a safe place to camp first, then equip the weapon. Like the Duct in Assault, cliff in Militia, and many others.
Tactics facing G3SG-1 user
- Use sniper rifle and hide somewhere but shoot accurately.
- Flank the user if you do not have any long range weapons.
- As a G3SG-1 user can kill an opponent with just 1~2 shots, the opponent must have good skill and time to kill them before they get killed.
- Stay calm and never retreat when facing G3SG-1 users as they can do wallbang to kill the retreating players.
- Lower their health with HE Grenade first if you have one.
- Throw a flashbang or use Smoke grenade and strike the users.
Comparison to SG550
- Higher base damage (+9)
- Shorter reload time (-0.3 seconds)
- Same rate of fire (83%)
- Same speed reduction (18%)
- More expensive (+$800)
- Lower clip size (-10)
- Higher recoil (+4%)
- Less accurate (-7%)
- This rifle is extremely popular in Counter-Strike series due to its easy use and high damage, which may result the user to be frowned upon by other players.
- Cheaters (especially wallhackers) and new players favor this weapon in all regions because of reasons above. Same goes with its counter-terrorist counterpart SIG SG550.
- Players who use this weapon in game can be kicked out of the room. Also happens to its counter-terrorist counterpart SIG SG550.
- Some Counter-Terrorist Bots may pick this weapon up during sniper-only Original matches.
- HK G3 at Wikipedia.