|Origin||Origin: Uncle Dai|
Host: Infected male citizens
1 June 2011
- After the Free Update patch of South Korea, this zombie becomes a free default faction in all player's inventories.
An abomination created by Dr. Rex, this zombie is code-named as 'Heavy type'. This specimen is excellent for breaking humans' defensive line since they are more resistant to their attacks. The Origin Heavy Zombie has the ability to install a device on the ground which sabotages the movement of the human who's caught in it.
- High resistance against stun and knockback power
- Moves faster in tiny areas like in ducts
- Can release a trap to ensnare his targets
- Absorbs less damage from enemies
- Enhanced maximum HP
- Low jump height
- Easily being hit due to large body
- Slow movement speed in general
- Easy to being head shot
Heavy zombie appears in all chapters of Zombie Scenario.
- Lost City: Heavy zombie makes its first appearance in Lost City chapter. Traps are used in the several last rounds. In normal difficulty, there are green-skinned Heavy zombies also which are able to throw Zombie Grenades.
- Double Gate: Crasher-type Heavy zombies (blue-skinned) make their first appearance in Double Gate chapter. They are hard to be killed even with SKULL-9 and does high damage to the gates and humans.
Zombie 4: Darkness
- New sounds has been added for him in Zombie 4: Darkness as well as a new appearance.
- In Zombie 4: Darkness, the heavy zombie has the ability to stomp the ground, and also increase his defense (more stun resistance) and reduce knockback (more knockback resistance) but at the cost of mobility. However, he loses his 'Trap' ability.
Becoming a Heavy Zombie
- A message will be displayed everytime a human has been caught along with a HUD indicator to show where they are.
- Turn around and move backward in ducts to face humans.
- Engage stationary humans as they are easier to get to because of the high knockback and stun resistance. It also helps your teammate to act as a 'tank', helping them if not by blocking incoming damage, reducing it significantly.
- Set traps in common areas where humans pass by or need to.
- Crouching might reduce the possibility to being headshot due to hit-box bug.
Facing a Heavy Zombie
- Take advantage of its big body size.
- Do not stay stationary whenever you face them as common projectiles have little effect on them.
- Check for nearby traps whenever you move.
- Heavy Zombie has 2700 health points (3200 with Strong Lifepower).
- Heavy Zombie can ensnare both Humans and Zombies of the opposite team. Any target that fell onto his traps will aside being unable to move, have their health reduce as they are still there.
- He has nearly the same appearance as Pudge, a character from DOTA2, another game made by Valve.
- A baby-shaped face bulge can be seen on the Host Heavy zombie's stomach.
- Inside Heavy zombie's body, there is a small sign showing "Copyright  NEXON & Valve Corporation. All Rights Reserved."
- Before the Free Update patch, in Singapore/Malaysia region, there was a bug where player can own Heavy zombie permanently.
- In the view model, the hands of this zombie are the same as the hands of the Psycho Zombie, but it's fattened.
- The Zombie 4: Darkness model of this zombie appears in Omen chapter as a decoration, alongside other Zombie 4: Darkness's zombies.
- After the 8 January 2015 update of South Korea, its HP is slightly increased.