|Origin||Host: Uncle Dai|
Lesser: Infected male citizens
1 June 2011
Heavy zombie is a playable zombie character in Zombie 2: Mutation, Zombie: The Union, Zombie 3: Hero and Zombie 4: Darkness. It also appears in Zombie Scenario and Zombie Shelter as AI-controlled NPC.
- After Free Update, this zombie is available for free to all players.
An abomination created by Dr. Rex, this zombie is code-named as 'Heavy type'. This specimen is excellent for breaking humans' defensive line since they are more resistant to their attacks. The Heavy Zombie has the ability to install a trap on the ground which sabotages the movement of the human who's caught in it.
After the Zombie Mode Rework patch, Hardening skill is added ( by default), which increases the Heavy zombie's defense for a short period of time. Also, the trap is now able to slowly move itself to trap an enemy, however it only moves when there are enemies in its vicinity. This also applies for Zombie Scenario.
- High resistance against stun and knockback powers
- Moves faster in areas that require crouching such as ducts
- Can release a moving trap to immobilize humans
- Can harden the body for increased defense
- Absorbs less damage from enemies
- Enhanced maximum HP and durability
- Able to cause a massive shock wave that knocks enemies (Zombie 4: Darkness only)
- Low jump height
- Easily being hit due to large body
- Slow movement speed in general
- Easily being shot at the head
Heavy zombie appears in all chapters of Zombie Scenario.
- Lost City: Heavy zombie makes its first appearance in Lost City chapter. Traps are used in the several last rounds. In normal difficulty, there are green-skinned Heavy zombies also which are able to throw Zombie Grenades.
- Double Gate: Crasher-type Heavy zombies (blue-skinned) make their first appearance in Double Gate chapter. They are hard to be killed even with SKULL-9 and do high damage to the gates and humans.
Zombie 4: Darkness
- New sounds have been added for him in Zombie 4: Darkness as well as a new appearance.
- In Zombie 4: Darkness, the heavy zombie has the ability to stomp the ground, and also increase his defense (more stun resistance) and reduce knockback (more knockback resistance) but at the cost of mobility. However, he loses his 'Trap' ability.
- Becoming a Heavy Zombie
- A message will be displayed everytime a human has been caught along with a HUD indicator to show where they are.
- Turn around and move backward in ducts to face humans to avoid being shot in the head.
- Engage stationary humans as they are easier to get to because of the high knockback and stun resistances. It also helps your teammate to act as a 'tank' to block damages by reducing it significantly. Use Hardening skill for better performance.
- Set traps in common areas such as ladders.
- Crouching might reduce the possibility of being shot in the head.
- Unlike most of the zombies, the Heavy Zombie poses a high defense since it takes more shots to take him down in comparison regardless he's got any kevlar left.
- Facing a Heavy Zombie
- Take advantage of its big body size.
- Do not stay stationary whenever you face Heavy Zombie in a wide open area due to its high stun resistance.
- Check for nearby traps whenever you move. Remember that the trap can move by itself, so be careful.
- Heavy Zombie has 2700 health points (3200 with Strong Lifepower).
- Heavy Zombie can ensnare both Humans and Zombies of the opposite team. Any target that fell onto his traps will aside being unable to move, have their health reduced.
- A wristband can be found in the right hand of the player model but it is not seen in view model.
- A baby-shaped face bulge can be seen on the Host Heavy zombie's stomach as well as a stitched cut.
- Inside Heavy zombie's body, there is a small sign showing "Copyright  NEXON & Valve Corporation. All Rights Reserved."
- In Nexon Zombie's DNA trailer, its identification name is jokingly 'Fat Bastard'.
- The Host Heavy Zombie's moving animation is different than its lesser form.
- The texture of Heavy Zombie's hand view model is shared with Psycho Zombie and Venom Guard.
- Upon maxing out the enhancement feature for this class, the Heavy Zombie bears a texture similar to the Regular Zombie, which also is shared with the Psycho Zombie and Venom Guard.
- This zombie and other Zombie 4: Darkness' zombies make a cameo appearance at the start of Omen.
- After the 8 January 2015 update of South Korea, its HP was slightly increased. Later, after the Zombie Mode Rework patch, its armor has been decreased slightly.