After the collapse of Vanguard Laboratory...
Meanwhile, there was a team who retrieved an important research document from the ruined Vanguard Laboratory. An unidentified man and his troops headed to the Polar Regions with the retrieved item. It looked like the plan was working smoothly although it did not have a clear reason and destination.
However, as always, the danger appeared suddenly. They arrived at the wrong destination due to an unknown infection incident while they were heading to the Polar Regions. The unidentified team has been searching for ways to escape as they were chased by unknown creatures and their screaming...
- Human: Escape to the transportation train in the escape area within the time limit. You must remain as a human.
- Zombie: Infect every human with the virus or move to the escape area and stop humans from escaping.
Players spawn somewhere outside a silo facility and rushed into the facility. Finally, the human survivors escape via a train in the facility tunnel. The continuous map for this one is Cold Fear.
- Everyone, use the steam from the pipe to secure the escape route. Move now!
- Fine, let’s provide the electric power to operate this train!
- Jim: Survivors at the back, listen to me!
- Jim: If you want to survive, run and ride on the next train!
- South Korea: 20 June 2013.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 26 June 2013.
- China/Japan: 26 June 2013.
This map was released alongside AWP-Z and King Cobra on:
- Indonesia: 23 October 2013.
This map was released alongside AWP-Z and Bell event on:
- Singapore/Malaysia: 15 January 2014.
This map was released alongside Open Beta Test on:
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- This map design is quite similar to a Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes mission, Secret War and Tunnel maps.
- This is the first Zombie Escape map that the player must go through a water pool.
- This is the first Zombie Escape map that all players (both zombie and human) can still respawn when they are killed by oncoming barriers or fell off the train. However, the human players who respawn will only equip with a USP and melee weapons.
- This is the only Zombie Escape map that has NPC guides so far.
- This is the first Zombie Escape map that uses different Supply Box skins based on their purposes. The following functions will be listed below as well with their corresponding skins:
- The laboratory resembles Black Mesa in Half-Life.
- This map name was changed to Polar Train in China region while Train Snow Country for Taiwan/Hong Kong region.
- The unknown NPC in this map is actually Gerard.
- There is a bug where player can walk on the railroad and survive.
- There are 2 flashbang bugs in this map. The first bug is the player can use the flashbang twice after throwing it and the second one is that the flashbang will disappear if thrown at certain area.
- This map is an opening storyline for Zombie Scenario: Season 4.