Desert Eagle .50 AE or Night Hawk .50C is a high caliber pistol chambered with 7 rounds of .50AE pistol cartridge in Counter-Strike series and Counter-Strike Online. It is one of the most famous weapons in Counter-Strike history.
The Desert Eagle is the strongest pistol in the game, aside from the flintlock. Although it has low magazine size and low fire rate, it does higher damage than almost any other pistols and has good accuracy for first few shots. Thus, its reload time is very short.
- After the Free Update patch, this weapon becomes a free default weapon in all player's inventories.
- High damage
- Cheap for a pistol
- Short reload time
- Good accuracy even in long range for the first few shots
- Does not affect speed
- Can penetrate object
- Low magazine capacity
- Low rate of fire
- Low reserve ammunition
- Lower recoil (-3%)
- More accurate (+3%)
- Same damage
- Same stun power
- Same knockback
- Same reload time
- Can be bought by both teams
- More expensive (+$25)
Tactics using Desert Eagle
- Aim for the head, to get an instant kill.
- Avoid long range battles, as it is inaccurate.
- Avoid battling multiple targets, as you will run out of ammunition and be forced to reload.
- Conserve ammunition, fire at the zombies one by one; with fire delay of nearly one second; depending on situation.
- Aim for zombie's head to do a massive damage.
- In ducts, soften the zombie with Desert Eagle first before finishing it with your primary weapons.
Tactics facing Desert Eagle user
- Strike the user in long range.
- Flank the user in groups.
- If the opponent is alone and the only one facing you, try to dodge the attacks and wait for him/her to reload.
- Main article: Dual Desert Eagle
Dual Desert Eagle is the akimbo version of the original Desert Eagle. They are exclusive to Zombie: The Hero and Zombie: The Union. It deals higher damage and knockback to zombies. Thus, it has 28 clip size, 4 times more if compared to original Desert Eagle. Dual Desert Eagles are only available for Sidekicks. When selected as Hero/Heroine, a Dual Desert Eagle also supplied with full ammo alongside the exclusive hero weapons.
Desert Eagle Gold can be obtained through Code Box. It shares the same performance to the original Desert Eagle except the appearance and the animation. It has a higher knockback to zombies.
This red-colored version of Desert Eagle can be obtained by participating in some certain events, depends on each region. The damage is 1% higher than the original.
- Main article: Desert Eagle Crimson Hunter
This is a 30-round .45 ACP fed pistol with the peculiar quirk of draining the blood of its target which is put together within a orbuculum or grenade, after successfully landing a predetermined number of shots on a target. The impact of the grenade wreaks dreadful harm and knockback to its surroundings. If in possession, the user will be granted with the following buffs:
- Unlimited spare ammo in Scenario modes.
- Allows hit-markers function.
- Main article: AMT AutoMag V
The AMT AutoMag V used to be a altenate skin for Desert Eagle before it was official release. It is an improved version of Desert Eagle, it has lower recoil, higher accuracy and cheaper price.
- Choi Ji Yoon: Seen wielding in the Z-VIRUS trailer.
- Fernando: Seen in some posters (Dual Desert Eagle with unique silver finishes not jungle camouflage like usual).
- Henry: Seen in posters (Dual Silver Desert Eagle).
- Soy: Used in Zombie File.
- Elite Crew: Seen holding by a member in some posters.
- Midwest Militia: Used by Jennifer.
- Asia Red Army: Ritsuka's personal sidearm.
- David Black: As his personal sidearm.
- Yuri: Seen used by Yuri in a poster.
- The Magnum Research Inc. trademark can be seen on the weapon's slide.
- Since the regular Desert Eagle carries over the third-person model from Counter-Strike, there is an eagle engraving on the barrel, which is not seen in first-person view.
- This is the first pistol in-game which can penetrate up through two objects.
- Mainland China's CSO still uses the early version of the Desert Eagle skin, while other regions have updated theirs to the current appearance.
- The same old model is used for the shop preview video.
- The regular and Red Desert Eagle's slide release button clips through the thumb when used with a female hand in first-person.
- The weapon's textures are reused from Counter-Strike: Source.
- The model in-game appears to have a fluted barrel, which is only present in the .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum variants in real-life.
- Desert Eagle at Wikipedia.