|Price in match||
|Accuracy in long range||
|Rate of fire||
|Percentage speed reduction||
|Secondary fire / Modes|
- For the original version, see M79 Saw off.
JANUS-1 is a grenade launcher categorized under the pistol slot and developed by Aegis Institute. It is fed with 5 rounds of 40mm grenade and is equipped with the Janus Transformation System which enables the weapon to continuously fire unlimited rounds for 5 seconds. However, the system only activates after all initial grenade rounds are used up (and hit) on a target. The weapon's Janus form has greater firepower and rate of fire.
- Equipped with the Janus Transformation System
- Does splash damage
- Perfect when dealing with large amounts of zombies
- High damage and high rate of fire in Janus mode
- Low damage in A mode
- Low rate of fire in A mode
- Has to fire all grenade rounds to activate the Janus Transformation System (and hit any target)
- Expensive for a secondary weapon
- Damage decreases over radius
- Low duration time in Janus form
- Useless after using the Janus form
- To activate the Janus mode, the user must inflict 5 hits (means that each user's fire must hit an enemy, this is to avoid spamming).
- Its Janus form can be activated even by shooting all 5 rounds on teammates if Friendly Fire is on.
- This weapon is not recommended for a Boss fight, because it deals little damage even if the Janus form has been activated.
JANUS-1 was released on:
- South Korea: 7 November 2013.
- There was a resale on 12 June 2014.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 19 November 2013 alongside New Zombie Shelter.
- There was a resale on 18 April 2014.
- China: 20 November 2013 alongside New Zombie Shelter.
- There was a resale on 28 May 2014.
- Japan: 20 November 2013 alongside New Zombie Shelter.
- There was a resale on 25 June 2014.
Comparison to M79 Saw Off
- Has Janus form
- Unlimited ammo in Janus form
- Higher damage in B mode (+1)
- Same weight (0% speed reduction)
- No stun and knockback power
- Same reserved ammo (5)
- Same rate of fire (10%)
- More expensive (+$100)
- More expensive clip size (+$200 each not all)
- Lower damage in A mode (-29)
- This is the third weapon introduced into the JANUS Series in Counter-Strike Online.
- This is the first Anti-Zombie weapon to feature a single-shot design.
- The crosshair will turn purple when the Janus Transformation System is activated. Also, this is the first weapon that has a purple crosshair (in Janus form).
- This weapon shares the same Janus figure with JANUS-3 and JANUS-11.
- Unfortunately, even though the Deadly Shot and Janus tranformation system are activated, it cannot perform headshot, except for Concentrated fire.
- This is the first JANUS Weapons that its Janus form can be activated via shooting on teamates (Friendly Fire must be turned on or it will dont take effect)