|“||Improved version of the Charlie Killer grenade launcher used during the Vietnam War.||”|
— Official description
|M79 Saw off|
M79 grenade launcher
|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
10% (5-7 RPM)
|Percentage speed reduction||
0% (2 kg)
Loaded into the Pistol slot, the M79 Saw off has increased mobility with the gun barrel and butt plate sawed off. Hence, allowing it to be equipped as a secondary weapon. It reloads after 1 round of 40×46mm grenade stray bullet.
- High damage
- Perfect when dealing large amount of enemies
- Splash effect
- Greatly reduce Kevlar
- Single shot
- Does low damage in normal matches
- No stun or knockback
- Low reserve ammunition
- Cannot damage barriers (this also happened to all grenade launcher)
- Grenade takes time to travel to target
- In Zombie Mods, use M79 in ducts to deal damage to zombies before using the primary weapon. This will prevent zombies from healing.
- Use M79 as emergency escape when surrounded by zombie hordes in Zombie Scenario. However, do take note of your health as its splash damage will hurt you.
- In Zombie: The Mutation/Zombie: The Hero, make sure to pick up supply boxes to replenish your ammo supply, as this weapon has only 5 (6 in gold edition) grenades.
- South Korea: 3 December 2009.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 9 December 2009.
- China: 9 December 2009.
- Japan: 23 December 2009.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 13 April 2011.
- Indonesia: 17 April 2013.
- Turkey: 25 September 2013.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- : Used by Navy SEALs.
- : Used by SAS.
- : Used by Natasha in a episode of the CSO official comic stories.
- David Black: A official diary mentioned that David Black frequently used the M79 to blown-off the zombies in Lost City.
The M79 Gold is an upgraded version of the gold grenade launcher 'Charlie killer' used during the Vietnam War. It holds 6 rounds of 40mm stray bullet. It has improved mobility due to the trimming of the gun barrel and butt plate.
The Shooting Star is a remodeling version of M79 Saw Off that fires a flame flare and holds 5 rounds of 40mm flare ammunition for each magazine. It can be fired in two modes: Regular mode and Bouncing mode. Grenade can bounce in secondary mode.
- The words "M79 SAW OFF" and the manufacturer logo can be seen on the weapon's barrel.
- In earlier releases of M79 Saw off can hold up to 10 shells, this was later reduced to 5.
- This weapon shares the same launcher crosshair with the SVDEX's secondary mode and M32 MGL.
- In real-life, the grenade will not explode if the shooter fires it at close distances.
- The M79 is the first break-action weapon introduced in the game.
- In the game, M79's reload animation is not really a reload animation but it is merely a "delay animation", since the animation isn't repeated if switched out and then switched back in.
- This is the first weapon which doesn't show the user reloading animation in third-person view. The second one is the Black Dragon Cannon.
- This weapon deals high knockback when used with some melee weapon's bugs, however keep in mind the ban risk.
- M79 grenade launcher at Wikipedia.