23 December 2009
- After the Free Update patch, this zombie becomes a free default faction in all player's inventories.
This zombie was originally a co-worker biologist of Dr.Rex, when he was a human. He turned into a zombie in an accident, earning the nickname of 'psycho type'. The Origin Psycho Zombie has the 'Smokescreen' skill that screens an area with thick smoke.
This type has good base stats. The main role of this zombie is to support other zombies by suppressing enemies at distance.
- Smokescreen: Detonate black powder to screen the surrounding area with black smoke. Friendly targets in the smoke take less damage from enemy.
- Can pop out black smoke
- Zombies in the smoke are hard to be seen
- The black smoke reduces mouse sensitivity and smoothness of enemies
- Zombies in the smoke absorbs less damage from humans
- Due to Psycho zombie's model, it is easier to shoot it on the head
- Cannot do Berserk ability, essential in chasing humans
Psycho zombies appear in all chapters of Zombie Scenario.
- Both Origin and Host Psycho zombies were previously surgeons and doctors from the Rex Research Institute which were infected by the zombie virus.
- After becoming an Origin Psycho zombie, the hand view model in a first person view will still show the hand of a normal zombie instead of a hook, which can be seen in a third person view of the Origin Psycho zombie model.
- In the China version of Counter-Strike Online, Psycho zombie models are used to replace the gruesome models of the original Regular zombies. The Psycho zombie uses the same model except with red-paint, so as to differ from real Psycho zombies.
- If Psycho zombies use their smokescreen ability while a Light zombie uses its invisibility skill, there will be a void in the smokescreen showing the shape of a transparent light zombie (depends on the players video rendering settings).
- In Singapore/Malaysia region, there is a bug where player can own Psycho zombie permanently. The bug is still not fixed yet.
- Psycho Zombie has 2000 (2500 with Strong Lifepower) health points and 200 (250 with Strong Lifepower) armor points in Zombie: The Union.