CT / TR (Host)
Regular zombie is the default playable zombie class in Zombie: The Original, Zombie: The Mutation, Zombie: The Hero, Zombie: The Union and Zombie: Darkness. It appears as AI-controlled enemy in Zombie Scenario.
Zombie: The Original
After the incident in Rex Research Institute, the scientists are infected by a virus which turns them into zombies (Origin Regular zombie). The zombies have now escaped from Rex and started infecting other humans. The Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists must combine their forces in order to survive the outbreak.
Zombie: The Mutation
After obtaining many human blood samples from infecting humans, the Host Regular zombie is now able to evolve into an Origin zombie and use the 'Berserk' ability which enhances its movement speed and knockback resistance for a certain amount of time. The zombie can continue in evolving until it reaches the Evolute Stage or simply the Prime Stage which grants it a very high amount of health and armor power. The zombies can also regenerate their HP under certain conditions and are able to use Zombie Grenades.
After the Zombie Mode Rework patch, 'Healing' skill is added, making them able to heal themselves. Regular zombies now have 2 skills: Berserk (default by ) and Healing (default by ).
Zombie: The Hero
Zombies are able to revive from death as long as they are not killed by a headshot. Host Regular zombies can also use the Berserk and Healing abilities but it is less efficient when compared to the one of Origin zombie. When a zombie receives a certain amount of damage or either infect humans, its Anger Bar will increase and when it is maxed out, the zombie will evolve to the next evolution stage and receive more HP and armor power.
Zombie: The Union
Regular zombies have 2000 health points and 200 armor points. However, it has 2500 health points and 250 armor points if using the Strong Lifepower set. The Berserk ability increases the speed of the zombie alongside doubling its damage by 2 times, however it decreases the defensive power while in use.
Zombie 4: Darkness
- New sounds have been added for him in Zombie 4: Darkness as well as a new appearance.
- In Zombie 4: Darkness, the regular zombie has the ability to climb walls alongside his berserk ability.
In Double Gate chapter starting round 17 ~ 20, the aggressive Enhanced Regular zombies (orange colored) make their first appearance with upgraded health and attack power to defeat humans.
In Dead End chapter, Red Origin Regular zombie appears.
-Berserk: makes zombie's movement faster.
|Zombie Type||Skill Time (s)||Cooldown Time (s)|
-Healing: restores a certain amount of HP.
- Use the Berserk ability when the enemy is reloading.
- Bunnyhopping is faster when using Berserk ability, causing confusion to unexperienced enemies.
- Berserk lowers knockback power of weapons. Use Berserk ability when enemy is using high knockback weapons such as Winchester M1887, Double-barreled shotgun, TAR-21 or Hammer.
- Move zig-zag to dodge enemy bullets.
- Use the Healing skill when your HP is low.
- If a Berserk Regular zombie is chasing you, switch to your secondary weapon and attack in bursts to slow it down, and remember that ignoring the zombie won't make it easier to survive.
- Move zig-zag to dodge slashes, this is more effective when facing a lagging player.
- Aim for the chest as it is very hard to aim at the shaking head.
- The Berserk ability causes them to move at an extremely fast speed, it is recommended to shoot a berseking zombie.
- Use weapons that have high knockback to knock them back in Zombie Escape mode.
- In ducts or when a Regular zombie is ducking, aim at the guts to deal critical damage.
- Due to this zombie's shaking body and head, it may be hard to perform a headshot, use the Deadly Shot skill to make it easier.
- In Zombie: The Mutation, Origin Regular zombie can use the Berserk ability for 10 seconds. It has no cooldown period.
- In Zombie: The Hero, Origin Regular zombie can use the Berserk ability for 10 seconds. It has 5 seconds cooldown for each usage. For Host Regular zombie, it can use the Berserk ability for 5 seconds and has 10 seconds cooldown.
Ditto, Zombie Scenario version
Preparing to berserk
- This model is replaced by Psycho zombie model in Mainland China version due to China's censorship laws. Proper models for host Psycho Zombie and non-host has their outfit retextured to red and black respectively.
- It is the only zombie with only one death animation.
- Both host and origin Regular Zombies have blue hair. And the origin one has a blue right eye.
- There's a steel hook planted on origin zombie's back. However, it was removed in the Zombie 4: Darkness model, and it was replaced with a third arm.
- The Host zombie has a pistol in his leg holster, signalling he was previously a Counter-Terrorist or a Terrorist.
- The unenhanced view model hands are based on the old Host zombie.
- The first release of Zombie: The Origin which introduced the Regular Zombie, its Host model had a white pale skin until later updates thereof.
- In Zombie 4: Darkness, he shares some of the sounds with the Yeti.
- Its Zombie 4: Darkness model appears in Omen chapter as a decoration, alongside other Zombie 4: Darkness's zombies.
- In the Malaysian/Singaporean version, its Berserk ability was called "Crazy" in the Zombie Mode Skill Bar Settings.
- Before the Zombie Mode Rework, the Berserk ability costed an amount of the zombie's health to be used. The HP amount depended on each mode.