|“|| More bullets, more power!|
- Official description
|Rheinmetall MG 3|
|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
91% (1200 RPM)
|Percentage speed reduction||
14% (10 kg)
200 / 200
4.5 seconds (140 frames)
This 200 rounds, 7.62mm machine gun is the modern version of the MG42 that was known as "Hitler's Buzzsaw" during the World War II. It has a good rate of fire and feed system for attack and reloading but due to its weight, it loses out in terms of speed and accuracy.
- High damage
- Very large magazine capacity
- High rate of fire for a machine gun
- Can undergo Weapon Enhancement
- Can kill a human player in 4 to 5 shots. With 200 rounds, it is a good sweeper weapon
- Low accuracy
- High recoil
- Long reload time
- Heavy weight
- Expensive price
- In mid-range battles, crouching to fire this weapon does not make any major differences; the recoil will make accuracy suffer (even when firing in bursts), and making the user an easier target to hit
Tactics using MG3
- Classic Battle
- Find an element of surprise before rushing with MG3 in close range. It can deal with multiple enemies.
- Use this gun to shoot from behind the wall.
- Do not reload frequently instead of reloading if there is only 30 ~ 50 rounds left due to long reload time.
- When someone does a surprise attack while you are reloading, quickly switch to secondary weapon to counterattack.
- 1 head shot cannot kill a full health enemy.
- Zombie Infection
- A 200 rounds MG3 can deal 6000 ~ 12000 damage to zombies.
- Combine with Deadly Shot to deal tremendous damage.
- Camp in closed area to maximize the performance.
- Aim for newly infected zombies as they are weak and easy to be killed.
- Use it to backup your teammates when they are reloading.
Tactics facing MG3 user
- Classic Battle
- MG3 has low accuracy. Use it as an advantage to kill MG3's user in long range.
- Sniper rifles are recommended.
- Strike the user in many directions.
- Never face MG3 user in close range combat.
- Zombie Infection
- You can hardly move for each shots and beware of some humans that are trying to attack with melee weapons.
- Wait for the user to reload if he/she's alone or strike from behind.
- Avoid direct contact in closed area or in large group of humans as it can deal very high damage with its 200 rounds magazine.
- Jump if possible so that the user will miss more bullets.
- Turn back and move backward to approach an MG3 user in ducts. However, this tactic needs to have a large number of health points.
- MG3 has low accuracy and high recoil. Small zombies are recommended.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 15 March 2011.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 8 September 2011.
- CSN:Z: 1 April 2015.
- Vietnam: 21 May 2015.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 21 December 2011.
- Turkey: 18 December 2013.
- CSN:Z: 16 December 2014.
- Vietnam: 17 December 2015.
Rheinmetall MG 3 can undergo Weapon Enhancement to upgrade its performance.
|Rate of fire||x||x||-||-||-|
|x = available, - = not available|
The major weakness of MG3 is its wild recoil, so the player should focus on enhancing the recoil of it. After +3 recoil, the recoil is dramatically decreased, no more erratic shaking and weapon sway is reduced so enhancing it to +5 is not recommended. Enhancing the magazine size is not recommended as the weapon itself already holds 200 rounds, +1 of it increases clip size by 20. Rate of fire should be enhanced together with recoil as ROF makes recoil higher. MG3 is mostly used in zombie/zombie scenario mode so leave the accuracy stat alone. Focus on damage with recoil will increase the damage output against the zombies and save a lot of ammo while focus on ROF and recoil will increase the weapon's efficiency in zombie scenario mode.
MG3 Gold should be worked the same except the accuracy difference.
Obtainable titles are:
- [Kaiser]: 5 recoil enhancements
- [Behemoth]: 3 damage and accuracy enhancements
- [Kraken]: 3 damage and recoil enhancements
- [Griffin]: 3 recoil and weight enhancements
The MG3 Christmas Editions of the MG3 that can only be obtained during Christmas Events. It is sold every year during the Christmas event.
- : Used by GSG-9.
- Guerrilla Warfare: A Guerrilla member is seen armed with an MG3 in the promotion poster.
Comparison to JANUS-7 (A mode)
- Cheaper (-$3250)
- Higher damage (+1)
- Higher rate of fire (+1%)
- Lighter (-2%)
- Can be enhanced
- Same accuracy (73%)
- Same belt size (200)
- Same ammo type (7.62mm)
- Same reload time (4.5 seconds)
- Higher recoil (+4%)
- Doesn't have Janus Transformation System
- Despite being a common weapon used in most modes, it isn't labelled as hot weapon.
- While in first-person view the player is shown wielding the weapon by its bipod, the third-person view shows the player holding the weapon by its barrel shroud with the bipod closed instead. Repeated firing would make the barrel shroud dangerously hot to handle.
- The MG3 is modeled with mirroring in mind, as the boxed belt mag is correctly shown feeding from the left when right-hand mirroring is used.
- The ejected shell model is different from the ones in ammo box.
- There is a 'sprite' which visualizes a bullet being fired out of the barrel.
- This is the first cash weapon to be released.
- A few changes have been done since the first time it was released, these are:
- The earliest version of MG3 had darker color, without the shine and had the same performance of the M249 just with 100 extra rounds.
- The middle version of MG3 had its own performance, but it still shared the same spare ammo pool with 5.56mm guns despite showing 7.62mm in the HUD.
- After the M60E4 had been introduced, MG3's caliber is properly changed to 7.62mm.
- In Counter-Strike Online 2, this weapon is named as "Rheinmetall MG3 AA" with AA means "Anti-Aircraft". Also, its magazine size is different (150 instead of 200) with the Counter-Strike Online version.
- MG3 at Wikipedia.