|“|| A 30 rounds, 5.56mm assault rifle that has a fast firing speed which leads to a low accuracy rate. It has a zoom unit which makes long distance assault possible.|
- Official description
|SIG SG552 Commando|
Counter-Strike Beta 2.0 (13 August 1999)
|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
91% (727 RPM)
|Percentage speed reduction||
7% (3.1 kg)
30 / 90
|Secondary fire / Modes|
SIG SG552 Commando is a Switzerland assault rifle fed with 30 rounds of 5.56 NATO. It has high firepower and rate of fire and equipped with a usable scope for middle range engagement.
- After the Free Update patch, this weapon becomes a free default weapon in all player's inventories.
- High rate of fire
- Light weight
- High accuracy when using the scope
- Controllable spray pattern
- High damage
- Easily runs dry
- Inaccurate when spraying
- Low rate of fire when using the scope
- Purchasable by the Terrorists only
- Expensive for an assault rifle
- Low knockback against zombies
Tactics using SG552
- After firing several rounds, use the scope to reset the recoil.
- First 5 bullets are accurate when using the scope.
Comparison to Steyr AUG
- Higher damage (+1)
- Higher rate of fire (+5%)
- Same price ($3500)
- Same accuracy (90%)
- Same recoil (18%)
- Same magazine size (30)
- Same ammo type (5.56mm)
- Longer reload time (+0.2 seconds)
- Heavier (+3% speed reduction)
- The SG552 in real life is majority used by the law enforcements instead of the Terrorists.
- The SG552 is a shorten-barrel variant of Swiss army's standard service rifle, the SG550. It's usually used by special forces during close-quarter battle. Another variant of the SG550 is the SG550 Sniper, which is a sniper rifle designed for counter-terrorism purpose.
- The final 'frame' of its reloading animation is not quite correctly placed as the 'idle' has, this occurs to its 'draw' animation too.
- The scope of SG552 is similar to the Counter-Strike: Condition Zero version's while the model is taken from CS 1.6.
- In some beta versions of Counter-Strike, this weapon was available for both teams as the AUG was still not released.
- SIG SG552 at Wikipedia.