|Price in match||$300|
|Used for||Create a smoke screen for escaping or disturb concentration.|
Smoke grenade is a type of grenade available in the Counter-Strike series and Counter-Strike Online. When thrown, it creates a medium-sized grey smoke which can be used as an escape tactic or to impair vision.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of the smoke grenade.
- After the Free Update patch of South Korea, this grenade becomes a free default weapon in all player's inventories.
- Can effectively hide your team if thrown correctly
- Can make a good distraction if not used for covering purposes
- Able to reveal an invisible light zombie
- Causes no damage to the other team other than line of vision for a short time
- If thrown at a group of enemies wrongly, it can end up making them more or less visible to you and your team
Smoke grenade is very useful depends on situation.
- When facing a sniper, use smoke grenade to distract them. This will confuse the sniper and use this opportunity to flank him.
- Throw it at tight corridors which will force enemies to blindly spray in it. As they stop firing, strike them as they may be reloading.
- Players in the smoke will receive less flashbang effect.
- Beware when throwing a smoke grenade. A frequent throwing spot will give a chance for the enemy to scan or spraying to pick out anyone who covers in it.
- Throw a HE Grenade within the cloud, if an enemy is hiding in it, this will damage or kill them.
- Retreat and camp somewhere safe and away from the smoke.
- If a smoke cloud is formed in a tight area, camp somewhere and wait until the smoke disappears.
- Carefully scan enemies either by spraying or moving crosshair to see if there's anyone hiding in it. This is very useful in Basic mode since a hit marker is displayed when hitting a target.
Zombie 4: Darkness
In Zombie 4: Darkness, the smoke grenade's smoke can damage the zombies. The users are also able to hold 2 smoke grenades at once.
- The serial number for the smoke grenade is the S-49AH.
- The SG in its HUD stands for SMOKE GREY.
- Gas grenade is used to be a cut equipment in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero but later appeared in Zombie 4: Darkness.
- Smoke grenade at Wikipedia.