|Price in match||
|Rate of fire||
|Percentage speed reduction||
|Secondary fire / Modes|
This is a melee weapon developed by Aegis Institute in form of a scythe. It is incorporated with continuous separation technique that allows the user to perform a flurry of stabs whenever Thanatos Blade System is in use.
- This weapon can be obtained from Blueprint No. 2.
- Does massive damage to zombies
- Primary attack performs a 360-degree swing
- Has longer attack range than most melee weapons
- Deals higher damage in Thanatos form
- Very high rate of stab and stun power in Thanatos form
- Does not affect player's speed
- Requires no condition to activate Thanatos form
- Destroys obstacles easily
- Thanatos Blade System duration will be triggered upon first stab only
- Low rate of slash and stun power in normal mode
- No knockback power
- Takes time to activate Thanatos form
- Obtainable via Crafting only
- Emits loud noises while in Thanatos form, revealing your location
- Thanatos Blade System can only be used for a short time
THANATOS-9 Confirmed Set
- It takes 3 seconds to activate the Thanatos form and also 3 seconds in contrast.
- When being used, the Thanatos form lasts for 5 seconds. After that, it will change back into normal mode automatically. In addition, the user won't be able to swap weapons while performing the attack.
- The attack delay for each slash (normal mode) is 0.5 seconds.
- The Thanatos form is ideal for rushing.
- The Thanatos form does not revert to the base form by itself, unless if the user triggers the blades or reverts it to the base form by him/herself.
- Its 360-degree swing, however, does not affect walls and breakable objects.
- Zombie Infection
- With a boost of 200% and using Deadly Shot in Zombie Hero mode, THANATOS-9 is capable of killing a powerful origin zombie (14000HP) under 5 seconds if properly used.
- Its stun power in B mode is low, so the zombies can still have chance to infect the user even while him/her is attacked.
- B mode is very effective to against Deimos/Ganymede.
- In B mode, THANATOS-9 can deal 60,000 damage to bosses (provided the firepower has been maxed).
- It is very good in destroying obstacles, especially in B mode.
- South Korea: 23 April 2015.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 28 April 2015.
- China: 29 April 2015.
- Japan: 13 May 2015.
- Vietnam: 18 June 2015.
- Indonesia: 14 July 2015.
- CSN:Z: 30 September 2015.
- GIGN: Seen in posters.
- The A mode's animation is similar to SKULL-9.
- This is the first melee weapon that can performs a 360-degree swing and to actually hit surrounding targets (primary attack) in Counter-Strike Online.
- During the first release, there was a bug where the kill icon used Seal knife instead. This bug was fixed in later updates.
- The same applied to the HUD icon; placeholders were used instead of its own.
- It shares the same wall impact sound with the Nata Knife in base form whereas in Thanatos form it is changed to that of the Tomahawk's.
- It also uses Wakizashi's hit sound.
- This is the first melee weapon that is able to deal extreme damage to bosses so far.
- This is the first melee weapon have very high Rate of fire so far.
- The word "THANATOS-IX" is printed on the weapon's handle.
- The alternative swing animation actually matches with its third person's in contrast with SKULL-9, Green Dragon Blade and JANUS-9.
- This is the first melee weapon to ever feature more than one wielding animation for both first and third person.
- This is the second melee weapon which can glow in the dark during Thanatos form. The first one being Beam Sword.
- When a round ends and you use the B-mode of THANATOS-9, you will hear its stabbing sound non-stop until the next round or the wielder engages the Thanatos Blade System (same as M134 Minigun bug). This also applies for spectator mode.
- Unlike the SKULL-9, Green Dragon Blade and Wakizashi, the THANATOS-9 is unable to perform the bug-hit.
- There is a bug that sometimes the user's hands in first-person view is invisible while wielding the THANATOS-9, this also happens in spectator mode as well with the Magnum Drill.
- There's also a bug when a player dies while using the Thanatos Blade System, the hits will be executed anyway.
- Scythe at Wikipedia.