- Following the lastest update (26 March 2015 of South Korea), the number of rounds was changed to 5 in all difficulty levels for game balance purpose. The bonus rounds also were removed.
Trap is a very tiny map. The players are spawned in the middle of the map, on the rooftop and surrounded by other buildings. The players must engage the zombies coming from all sides of the map in 50 rounds and 121 minutes in total. There are no camping areas in this map. The number, health point and type of zombies increase as the level increases. There are bonus rounds in Round 11, 21, 31, 41 and 49 in this map.
Defending the construction site was not easy and our barriers have been destroyed at their hands and soon they will kill us slowly. A huge shriek and a blaring sound shook the earth just as we thought everything was over, causing the Zombies to stop their attack.
The sound echoed again, but we could grasp the words this time. A voice calling himself “Rex” told us an unfamiliar story. While we did not know who he was, we understood that he was the perpetrator of this case and capturing him would enable us to secure our freedom.
I gathered the survivors to the entrance of the rooftop - which was the source of the sound. There was to be no more delays. It's time to finish everything by entering the rooftop.
- From the advance unit commander Andrey's note found by the rescue team.
Trap was released on:
- Singapore/Malaysia: 30 March 2011.
- Indonesia: 7 December 2011.
- Turkey: 25 September 2013.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- Bluish origin Heavy Zombie - releases smokescreens in the same fashion as the Psycho Zombie.
- Green host Regular Zombie - throws zombie nades only.
- Always run when playing this map because if you stand still, the zombies will eventually catch you.
- It is recommend to move in the same direction, so that clashing with zombies and other players can be avoided.
- Remember to always buy backup splash damage weapons as they are really useful when you are trapped by the zombies.
- It is advisable to play with speed-based and medium ~ high health points characters in this map. Primarily focusing on surviving the rounds - Avoiding instead of killing the zombies.
- A common strategy that players apply is leaving only one of your teammates alive, so that they make the playthough bypassing the zombies with ease - Otherwise they will crash with opposite direction going entities.
- High stun or knockback power and light weight weapons like the Tempest and most of the Anti-Zombie weapon series, are very useful when doing the run as you can temporarily stop zombies that are usually faster than you such as the greenish Venom Guard or violetish Heavy Zombie, and by consequence increasing your chances of survival.
- There are some parts of this map which the player cannot enter while the zombies can.
- Before Re:boot, the players are able to hit the Pursuer Zombie away from them with a Hammer.
- There is a MOTEL billboard which mentions the following real-life companies: HBO, MTV, ESPN and CNN. This billboard can also be seen outside the windows in Rats.
- If you slashed the ground at the center of the map with certain melee weapons, a strange blood would normally come out. This easter egg is still plausible however, in Culvert, Another Truth and Last Ride chapters (boss arena only).
- After the 4 December 2014 update of South Korea, the number of rounds was changed from 50 to 30 for game balance purpose.
- After the 26 March 2015 update of South Korea, it was changed again to 5. Instead, the completion required to get the respective medal was changed from 100 to 400 times.