|Origin||Male Security Guard|
|Date added||South Korea|
28 June 2012
- After the Free Update patch, this zombie becomes a free default faction in all player's inventories.
Venom Guard is a male security guard who turned into a zombie due to the Z-Virus while working for an unidentified illegal research complex. Its body has been filled up with toxic substance as it was affected by chemical waste. It has the ability to harden its body and heal injuries when their HP is lower than 50%.
Venom Guard is similar to Heavy zombie (very high knockback resistance and low jump height). In terms of offensive strategy, Venom Guard is better than Heavy zombie due to its ability to heal and to reduce damage received by humans. It will explode on death, knocking humans away. The knockback power is further than Stamper's Iron Maiden.
- Venom Guard has 3200 health points and 300 armor points (3700 health points and 350 armor points with Strong Lifepower) in Zombie: The Union.
Using Venom Guard
- Use Hardening and Healing Skill when you are running out of health or when humans are using Deadly Shot ability as you can't get killed by a headshot when the Hardening effect is still on.
- In Zombie: The Union and Zombie Scenario when a Venom Guard dies its explosion will damage nearby enemies, making humans most likely to die if not from the explosion it might be from the fall.
- If player is on the verge of death, try to get as close as possible to human players since the explosion can harm and give human players several seconds of shock, which gives more time to teammates to infect the humans.
Engaging Venom Guard
- Fight Venom Guard with weapons which have high stun power, since they have a very high knockback resistance.
- Use Venom Guard's big body as an advantage because it has big hitbox.
- Don't ever try to kill Venom Guard at close range and always engage this zombie in a safe range as the shockwave may knock the player off the safe position or at human camps and gives the other zombies time to attack the player.
- It is not recommended to engage them with melee weapons since they explode upon dying which harms and possibly kills nearby players.
- South Korea: 28 June 2012 alongside M32 MGL and Big Tree.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 4 July 2012 alongside M32 MGL and Big Tree.
- China/Japan: 4 July 2012 alongside M32 MGL and Big Tree.
- Indonesia: 1 May 2013 alongside Tomahawk, Dragon Tail and Thompson Gold.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 22 May 2013 alongside M32 MGL.
This zombie was released as AI-controlled on:
- Turkey: 14 May 2014 (appears in New Zombie Shelter only).
This zombie was released alongside Free Update on:
- CSN:Z: 8 January 2015.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- The code name in game files is boomerzb which refers to the Boomer from Left 4 Dead. Its behavior is similar to Boomer's, which is exploding upon death.
- The view model is the combination of Heavy Zombie's skin texture and Regular zombie's animations.
- In Zombie Mode, the body will be upright after death and doesn't explode if killed due to headshot.
- While the Hardening skill is active, you will be unable to use Healing.
- In Zombie: The Union both of its skills delay is 30 seconds, while in Zombie Mods the delay will be 240 seconds.
- This zombie is very hard to kill due to fast skill cooldown and replenish full hp at a glance.
- Despite its size, this zombie ironically runs faster than the Regular Zombie. However, he got the lowest jump above all.
- Before the Zombie Mode Rework patch, Venom Guard used to have another Healing skill that allowed it to heal anytime. It was replaced with the current one for game balanced purpose.