The Shining Hunter
John Moses Browning
|Price in match||
Random around the crosshair
|Rate of fire||
|Percentage speed reduction||
Winchester M1887 is an American shotgun fed with 8 rounds of 12 gauge. Its fast flip-cocking allows a quick neutralization of soft targets. M1887 can knock zombies away in Zombie Mods and Zombie Escape.
- High knockback power to zombies
- Can be fired while reloading
- Light weight
- Can undergo Weapon Enhancement
- Low magazine capacity
- High recoil
- Useless at long range
- Low rate of fire
- Cannot be fired in underwater
Tactics using M1887
- Normal matches
- Use M1887 in close battle as it can kill an enemy with an average of one to two shots.
- Zombie Mods
- M1887 is essential in knocking away approaching zombies. However, make sure there are no teammates behind the zombies.
Tactics facing M1887 users
- Normal matches
- Avoid close direct contact, as the user can deal a lot of damage.
- Zombie Mods
- Hold Duck key (default: ) even in vents to reduce the knockback effect.
- Strike in team, as M1887 is poor in terms of rate of fire.
- Heavy zombies and Venom Guards nullify knockback.
Winchester M1887 can undergo Weapon Enhancement to upgrade its performance.
|Rate of fire||x||x||-||-||-|
|x = available, - = not available|
M1887 Gold Edition can be obtained through Code Box. It shares the same performance with original M1887 except the appearance and has higher firepower.
M1887 Xmas can be obtained during Christmas event. It is sold in shop and shares the same performance with the original M1887.
This is the sawed off version of Winchester M1887 which holds 6 rounds 12 Gauge. It was modified by an unknown Terrorist organization and available in sidearm slot.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 30 March 2011.
- Turkey: 5 June 2013.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 8 September 2011.
- CSN:Z: 1 April 2015.
- Vietnam: 21 May 2015.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 17 December 2013.
- China/Japan: 18 December 2013.
- South Korea: 19 December 2013.
- CSN:Z: 16 December 2014.
- Indonesia: 17 December 2014.
- Vietnam: 17 December 2015.
- South Korea: 12 June 2014.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 24 June 2014.
- China/Japan: 25 June 2014.
- CSN:Z: 17 August 2015.
- Indonesia: 3 November 2015.
Comparison to Benelli M3
- Higher fire rate (+8%)
- Higher knockback
- Same speed reduction (9%)
- Same clip size (8)
- Shares the same ammo type (12 gauge)
- Same stun power
- Lower damage (-8)
- Higher recoil (+18%)
- More expensive (+$1100)
- Longer reload time (+0.7 seconds)
- Blair: Blair is seen armed with an M1887 with a flashlight in the Zombie 3: Origin trailer which took place in Rest.
- Guerilla Warfare: Seen in poster.
- Yuri: Ditto, in Christmas edition.
- In first person view, you can see the user's hand is pulling the lever down or performing a flip-cock maneuver, but in third person view, you can see that the user is actually 'pumping' the shotgun, which reuses Benelli M3's third-person pumping animation, and all pump-action shotguns in-game have this trait.
- It is possible to perform a full-circle flip-cock with the Winchester 1887 (without modifications) in real life, but it takes a lot of skill to do it without snagging your fingers or making it fall short of the full circle.
- A dragon print can be seen on the weapon's receiver.
- On the left forehand of a Master Edition M1887, the name Henry Stoner can be seen imprinted on it.
- The Christmas variant shows a little snowman located near to the weapon's receiver. Also when you reload he will start to jump each time you insert a shell.
- The Christmas variant ejects some little Snowmen and Santa.
- In previous releases, the gold variant could carry up to 9 shells.
- Unlike the original version, the M1887 Maverick is classified in the secondary slot, making it the first weapon which has a variant in a different slot.